Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1991-25 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

No Subject

From: Stephen Thomas <spt1@ukc.ac.uk>
Date: Sat, 20 Jul 1991 03:17:07 -0800
To: kestrel!rec-music-gaffa@relay.EU.net

To: rec-music-gaffa@kestrel
From: spt1@ukc.ac.uk (Stephen Thomas)
Newsgroups: rec.music.gaffa
Subject: Re: KATE VS NEW KIDS ON THE BLOCK
Date: 20 Jul 91 11:17:05 GMT

In article <1991Jul19.063618.7390@crash.cts.com> rhill@pnet01.cts.COM (Ronald Hill) writes:
> ... and Kate has always shunned having much of any image, but I think
> she is just about the only person around who portrays herself to be
> rouphy what she is.

I'm not sure I agree with this.  I think she is very, very careful in
the management of her publicity.  I recall this being discussed
over a year ago on Love-Hounds, and one of the things discussed was
how carefully thought out her promotional photographs were, particularly
the more recent ones.  I think her image is very carefully crafted, but
there is an equal amount of care taken to ensure that it isn't a *false*
image.  So, yes, she portrays herself as who she really is, but this
is by deliberate design, not accident.  Remember that she likes to
have control over all aspects of her career, and I don't think she would
skimp on her image.

Stephen
--
| "You've been having a nightmare.  | Stephen Thomas -------------------------|