Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1991-25 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

it wouldn't take me long...

From: gb10@gte.com (Gregory Bossert)
Date: Fri, 19 Jul 1991 21:34:13 -0800
Subject: it wouldn't take me long...
To: love-hounds@eddie.mit.edu

well, it's getting late, and the live version of Cube-E is making it a
little hard to concentrate, but here goes my attempt to give

DIRECTIONS TO THE BOSTON/NORTH EAST KATEMAS PARTY

[i've mailed a slightly different version of this file to the
people on my party mailing list -- you might want to compare the
two...]

well, first, drive to boston.

any old route will do.  if you're coming from the south, you'll probably
pass through north through hartford and end up on the mass turnpike.
if you're coming from the west, you're certain to end up on the turnpike.
if you're coming from the north, you'll probably get on route 93.

regardless which way you come, you will eventually reach route 128 --
which is also called interstate 95!!  anyway, this is the inner of two
belt highways surrounding boston.  you want to get onto 128 NORTH
(unless you are coming from route 93 and the north, in which case you
want 128 SOUTH!)

get off of 128/95 on the ROUTE 2 EAST exit.  drive about six miles east.
there are many belmont exits -- take the ROUTE 60 (BELMONT CENTER) exit.
this exit comes on the downhill side of a large hill -- so stay to
the right as you go over the hill.

the exit puts you on an access (parallel) road, which goes downhill
to a traffic light.  turn RIGHT onto route 60.  you'll immediately
hit another traffic light.  turn LEFT onto Brighton St.  stay on
Brighton for about a mile -- it goes over some railroad tracks,
and eventually hits a traffic light at Concord Ave.  Go straight
through this intersection (the street changes name to Blanchard Rd.)

Blanchard emerges into a three-way intersection.  Grove St. is to
your left, Washington St. is to your right, and my house is straight
in front of you, on the other side of a small 'island' in the
intersection.  the house is a two-story, white frame house.  it will
be clearly marked with some KaTely indication.

if you are coming from Belmont Center, go under the train tracks, turn
left (east) onto Concord Ave, and continue to the intersection (just
before the hospital) with Blanchard/Brighton.  turn right on Blanchard
and follow the directions in the preceding paragraph.

if you are driving from cambridge or boston, take Memorial Drive to
Mount Auburn St. (follow signs for route 16).  drive west on Mt. Auburn
past the Star Market.  bear left at the fork onto Belmont St.  stay
on Belmont St. until the first traffic light.  there are two roads
to the right -- Grove St. is the second, larger one.  drive on Grove
St. until you reach a 'T' intersection with a blinking light.  my
house is directly to the left (west) of this light.

Grove St. borders Fresh Pond, (our house is across the pond from the
Fresh Pond Rotary);  Grove St. forms also forms a 'T' intersection
with Huron Ave -- turn right off of Huron...

PUBLIC TRANSPORTATION.  take the bus or subway to HARVARD SQUARE.
catch bus #74 (Belmont Ctr.) from the underground station.  ask
the bus driver for the Grove St./Bright Rd. stop.  you'll be
let off by a big old farmhouse.  turn right as you step off the bus,
and walk around to the front of the farmhouse.  the road stretching
away from the front of the house is Grove St., and my house is just
a few hundred feet ahead on the right side.

if you need a ride or get lost, call me at (617) 489-5127.
the address is:

	Greg Bossert
	274 Grove St.
	Belmont MA 02178

maps in ascii or GIF format are available from me at gb10@gte.com

good luck!

footah!
-greg -- gb10@gte.com --
	"a woman drew her long black hair out tight
	 and fiddled whisper music on those strings
	 and bats with baby faces in the violet light
	 whistled, and beat their wings" -- T.S. Eliot