Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1991-25 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Sorry, I won't make it to your Katemas parties, but...

From: bottoms@radar.nrl.navy.mil (Maitland Bottoms)
Date: Thu, 18 Jul 1991 22:00:05 -0800
Subject: Sorry, I won't make it to your Katemas parties, but...
To: love-hounds@eddie.mit.edu

Hi all,
 Next week this love-houd will be on a bicycle riding across Iowa. Yes,
I will dearly miss not going to California, or Boston, or anywhere other
love-hounds will gather. I'd so like to meet you all. ( You DC area
people - I'll miss the weekend parties, but I might be around for Tuesday
the 30th itself, so send me some email!)
 Next week is RAGBRAI ( The Register's (as in the Des Moines register, the
newspaper of record in Iowa) Annual Great Bicycle Race Accross Iowa ). If
there are any other love-hounds participating in the event, contact one of
the Amateur Radio operators (Hams) riding in the event and ask to speak to
AA4HS (That's my callsign).

 So Merry Katemas to all (since  I won't be near a place to email from for
the next week) !

 And about the "magic" of Kate's music - let me chime in:
Count me as one sensitive to it. No, I can't help rationalize this debate,
but please realize the reality of that magic. The reality of this newsgroup.
The reality of those who simply must hear every Kate utterance. It IS this
that brings US together. There really is a "pull of the Bush" for those
"soul birds of a feather" who flock together.
 And you can still call me a "love-hound" or a "Kate fan" no matter what
music I'm listening to at the time, or what other "magic" I may also
experiance causes me to do.

Peace

- Maitland