Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1991-24 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Misc.

From: gatech!chinet.chi.il.us!katefans@EDDIE.MIT.EDU (Chris Williams)
Date: Tue, 16 Jul 1991 23:00:00 -0800
Subject: Misc.
To: love-hounds@eddie.mit.edu

Chris here,

  Just catching up...

Vishal Markandey asked:
>> Indulge me if you please, by answering a rather whimsical question.
>> Imagine that you were to meet Kate and had an opportunity to talk to
>> her. What would you think ? What would you say ? What would you talk
>> about ? (Besides "Oh my God, Oh my God, Oh my God..." :)

and D. J. Schaeffer replied:
> Easy enough.  I'd tell her how much I enjoy her music and I'd ask her if I
> could buy her a cuppa.
>
> (Of course, it's easy for me to say that now.  In reality, I'd probably
> blurt out something like... "Marry me!")

   Speaking from experience..."Hi, Kate!" and "Hello."
     Vickie: "Hi...I thought you cut your hair."

Subject: Re: Squids?

> Now here's a funny tale. It involves the bloke who is Vanilla Ice's UK
> publicist - it's his job to sell Vanilla Ice - (deleted)
> In his spare time he runs a record label (JSH Records) to release stuff so > far by his own band 'The Hit Parade' who are obscure to a very major degree > to the extent that most British fanzines don't write about him, let alone
> the music press. He'll play gigs for little more than transport cost
> apparently as he loves playing live. He also wrote arrangements for the
> Would-Be-Goods (on El records) who? (on who?) and generally puts a lot of
> effort into music where profit is the least likely thing he'll ever see.

   The concept of self-assigned penance springs to mind. (Hair shirts
being currently out of fashion.)

   By the way, just to clear one thing up...I wasn't comparing Record
Company Executives to squids. I was comparing the experence of dealing
with them to the _tactile_sensation_ of bathing in a tub full of squids.
   Sorry for any confusion.

> Ron, i hope you've got a quote or two explaining just why KaTe is
> dressed as She-Ra in the choruses -- not that i'm complaining, mind you...

  Why, that's the "Sprit of Feminiene Vengence!" Note the next to last
swing of the sword! Yikes! Severe anxiety!

  Deb Wentorf posted:

> while it may not be a 'killer' look, my favorite expression of
> Kate's is that soft, slow, slightly sleepy smile that spreads
> across her face at the end of "O England, My Lionheart" on the
> Hammersmith video.
>
> And for something completely and heart-stoppingly beautiful,
> check out the video for "Delius."

   Faves here would be almost _any frame_ of "December Will Be Magic"
(Bongo version) or "Egypt" from the Christmas special.

                                Chris Williams of
                                    Chris'n'Vickie of Chicago
                                        katefans@chinet.chi.il.us