Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1991-24 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Early 'video'

From: Laura Clifford <lcliffor@cc7.bbn.com>
Date: Fri, 12 Jul 1991 08:47:02 -0800
Subject: Early 'video'
To: love-hounds@eddie.mit.edu

>> Overall, the videos on "The Whole Story" did not impress me.  The early
>> ones seems rather amateur (Wuthering Heights),

>This is a result of ten years of progress in music videos.  Virtually
>all videos made over ten years ago will look "amateur" now.  I'd be
>interested to hear of any notable exceptions.
>"Don't drive too slowly."                 Richard Caldwell
>                                          AT&T Network Systems

While technically not shot on video (but then, neither are Kate's
recent ones), have you ever seen the Beatles' 'Strawberry Fields' and
'Penny Lane'?  I believe these have the claim to fame of being the
first promotional 'videos', and they are certainly more sophisticated
than 'Wuthering Heights' - not that I'm knocking 'Wuthering Heights',
mind you.

Laura Clifford