Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1991-24 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

"Can a hat aspire/ to higher things?"

From: barger@ils.nwu.edu (Jorn Barger)
Date: Fri, 12 Jul 1991 04:46:54 -0800
Subject: "Can a hat aspire/ to higher things?"
To: love-hounds@eddie.mit.edu

[A free hat to the first Katefan who can identify the source of this
subject line!]

Here's how it's looking:

1)  I've stumbled on the exact font that KT used on the cover of HoL, for
the words Love-Hounds!!! (It's Zapf-Chancery Italic.)

2)  Almost everybody liked different cap-designs, but #1 got 3 or 4 votes
for 1st or 2nd place, so it looks like:
    ( )
Love-|-Hounds
     |<

..with the Love- a little higher than the Hounds.

3)  Coolest color idea was gold lettering and red sym on a black cap (with
maybe some blue ones too if they'll let me mix em).  Still investigating
here, and concerned a bit with the hot-sun-on-black factor.

4)  I've _scanned_ the official femsym, but it's a bit faint/ thin/
scraggly, so I'm having to digitally enhance it.

5) I expect to turn in the design this evening, with one week turnaround
(for 17% extra).

6)  I want to mail to Katemas sites (for US orders), so I need those who
want caps to register (pronto) with their hosts, and I need the hosts to
tell me their UPS address (homes are no good if no one will be there to
sign!).

7)  The price has nudged up slightly:

Caps: $3.50 + .55 for metallic gold 2nd color = $4.05 +17% rush
Plates: $22 per color (split 30 to 50 ways -> $1.45 to $.88) + 17%
Shipping: a lot less for bulk shippings to Katemas hosts, but probably $.50
to $2.00 depending where and how.
Risk of unsold leftovers: ????

9)  I don't mind sending the hosts extras to sell there, but we have to
figure out who's taking the risks, here.  Hosts:  how many not-pre-sold
caps do you want to try to take on?  Will you take more if you can mail
back the unsold ones?

10) Gulp!