Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1991-24 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Oooh! We're notorious!

From: barger@ils.nwu.edu (Jorn Barger)
Date: Fri, 12 Jul 1991 04:44:43 -0800
Subject: Oooh! We're notorious!
To: love-hounds@eddie.mit.edu

Ron sends me this thread from GEnie's Kate-group, after he re-posted our
monthly post: (I'm curious if others feel the "Kate is God/ She really IS"
line doesn't belong in our outreach mailings?)
Mon Jun 10, 1991 J.BISHOP
 Remind me to stay away from these people. No matter how much I like Kate
Bush, and I really, really do, she is not God^H^H^Hhuman, or whatever the
hell that is supposed to be. Gimmmmmmmmmme a break        -jbish-

Tue Jun 11, 1991 A.SCHIRTZING
 I take it on the proper computer, the ^Hs hide the God, and make her
human.
I think we might have had a closer look than intended.  Well, they were
probably hoping someone would notice.

Tue Jun 11, 1991 R.HILL
>Stay away from those people, I'm reminding you.  :-)
 Some people on Love-Hounds refer to Kate in those kinda terms, but insist
they are joking.  I don't, though.

Tue Jun 11, 1991 A.SCHIRTZING
 R.Hill--you don't insist you're joking?

Tue Jun 11, 1991 R.HILL
 Actually I meant to say that I don't use those kinda terms when refering
Kate, even in jest.

Tue Jun 11, 1991 A.SCHIRTZING
 Just making sure.

Tue Jun 11, 1991 B.WILCOX
 Of course you wouldn't want to call Kate "God" -- wrong gender! ;-)
[Jorn sez: wotta pig!]

Tue Jun 11, 1991 J.BISHOP
 Well I'm glad we cleared that up. You guys all know that I'm crazy about
her work. But, that's all I can and probably ever will be. I doubt whether
I'll ever have the chance of meeting her. But, then that's not to say that
I don't want to either. I just have my perspective in the right place. Now
does anyone have the lady's phone number, so that I can change this
perspective, which is driving me absolutely bonkers.  :-D   Oh.... did I
mention that I think she looks absolutely maaaaaaaaaaahvolesssss!!!!!
                   -jbish-
           !!!Long-Live-Katemania!!!

Wed Jun 12, 1991 RICK-T [Rick T.]             at 00:28 EDT
 ...On another point, I think we were meant to see the ^H's. I belive thta
the
effect is meant to be the same as if it had been typed over with x's on
paper.
  jbish, uh, if by "those people" you mean love-hounds in general, you do
know that you're including me, Ken, Richard Caldwell and Ron, don't you?
   If you mean only folks who tag their messages with some kind of "Kate is
God" message, I will again insist (and Ken will probably again tell me that
I'm wrong) that 99% of the people who say "KaTe Bush is God" mean
absolutely
nothing by it.
   Besides, she's got a better claim than some people running around out
there. Maybe she really is. :-) :-)
   Note the smilely faces, jbish.  Note the smilely faces.
 RICK-T  (Rick Thompson, Upstate NY)

Wed Jun 12, 1991 J.BISHOP
 hahahaha Rick: LOL and noted.
I think maybe I'll keep the ideology out of any future posts. But, my
response is to those people who sincerely think that KB is God. I really
think they should see either their minister (not Kate either), or their
Psychiatrist. If that doesn't work, maybe they should talk to some of the
survivers of the Nazi-holocaust, after all, the Nazi's thought Hitler was
God, and look what it got them.
Enuff of this crap...........I've said all I'm going to say on the subject.
Kate Bush, to me, is still a very attractive, mega talanted performer, who
demands the respect and unmitigated admiration of those that choose to
enjoy her work. If this puts her into the category of deity to some, then
perhaps, those that do, have nothing better in their lives. I comment on
this, but wonder if it really does bother me?????          -jbish-

Wed Jun 12, 1991 R.HILL
Actually, I really should point out that, I believe, only a small
percentage
of the 150 or so people on Love-Hounds refer to Kate as God, whatever
people
think of it.  It always makes me slightly uncomfortable, but I  have
learned
not to judge people by what they put in there messages., and it's not my
place to judge people anyway.  I don't even judge people  who judge other
people :-), at least I try not to.  :-)  I can certainly understand how it
could come accross as weird though!
 Of course, since I don't do it, it proves that I'm totally normal! :-) I
mean, typing in 50 pages of Kate interviews in a couple of weeks is not
STRANGE or anything is it?  :-) (s