Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1991-24 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

AATHP stuff

From: Jeff Tucker <R3JMT%AKRONVM@vm1.cc.UAKRON.EDU>
Date: Thu, 11 Jul 1991 16:26:09 -0800
Subject: AATHP stuff
To: love-hounds@eddie.mit.edu

   A grab bag of stuff from AATHP:
   First, we got Chris Williams' last post and Jeff Medkeff will
be replying to it via smail shortly. The draft of the letter
seems to indicate there will be lots of text getting Chris up
to date on the AATHP/LL events related to the Sinful Music
controversy, somewhat less text asking for clarification on
certain things that might be contradictory, and offering Chris a
courtesy subscription to Little Light.
   Second, regarding the list of KB fan clubs/zines that Richard
Caldwell posted, we can do some clarifying. BlowAway is indeed
retired, though Jackie might do the occasional KB related
publication of some sort after she is through with her schooling.
At the moment the only place to read Jackie's work would be in
the September (upcoming) Little Light, as she has joined Little
Light's staff. Lone Star Lionhearts is still around in theory.
We are in pretty close contact with Kevin Hendryx, the person
in charge there. The latest issue of LSL _is_ over two months
late, and LSL as a fan club is not very active, but there is
no evidence that Kevin has yet given up. We are trying to reach
Reaching Out USA but they haven't published in about six months.
There address is:
           P.O. Box 154
           Newton, MA  02168
   There is a Reaching Out in Canada but we know nothing about
them. Near as we can tell, Watching Storms didn't used to be
Little Earth, which is still in publication at the same address
as WS. Little Earth is sort of a WS 'greatest hits', featuring
mostly reprints from WS.
   Third, AATHP's video party will be held on August 24, 1991, at
the Goodyear Party Room in the Downtown Holiday Inn, Akron. Most
of the people who went to the convention will be attending and
of course Love-Hounds are invited to attend at discount admission.
While no profits are expected, as usual any we may garner will
be donated to Amnesty International in Kate's name unless
anybody has a better idea. There will be the expected rare videos
as well as a couple unexpected ones, and refreshments will be
served _in abundance_, all this to start at 1:00 PM (though
anybody who wants to come early will find us there at about ten).
We project this event will not be worth travelling a great distance
for and expect primarily Midwesterners to attend.
   The latest Little Light is out and I will be posting
several articles from it onto this net, so that everybody can
see what we are all about. Jeff Medkeff has converted
his files to something my machine can read, and I will post
parts of the issue gradually.
   IED: we have already represented you as a scholar to a
couple readers. Don't let us down! Karen Newcombe looks
forward to meeting you.
   Love-Hounds who have been waiting for your SASE inquiries
to be answered should be advised they have been and are on the way.
We have an electronic system set up for you, details will be in
the letter, or anybody can e-mail me with an inquiry.
   To the dozen or so people who have asked where we got the
name Gesundheit! for our new newsletter, it has to do with the
working title thereof. "AATHPnews" was the working title for a
month or so until somebody decided that sounded like a sneeze....

                                  Jeff Tucker
                                  AATHP