Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1991-23 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Lyrics Archives are now active

From: datta@vacs.uwp.edu (David Datta)
Date: Mon, 8 Jul 1991 17:01:15 -0800
Subject: Lyrics Archives are now active
To: rec-music-gaffa@uunet.UU.NET
Newsgroups: rec.music.misc, rec.music.gaffa
Sender: news@uwm.edu

This is a short listing from the index for the Lyrics Archives on
vacs.uwp.edu (131.210.1.1) These files are stored in the
/pub/lyrics/files directory.

A complete index can be found in the file:

/pub/lyrics/Index

If you know of a site containg Lyrics or have any lyrics files floating
around that you would like put in the archives, please mail
datta@vacs.uwp.edu.

Most of the files here were obtained from the Lyrics server which is no
longer in operation. If you have old files from the server that I am
missing, please forward them to me and I will add them to the archives
here.

	Dave datta@vacs.uwp.edu

The lyrics files are all available only in compressed form and they
currently have long file names, VERY slowly, I will be re-naming all of
the files to 8 character filenames. This will take quite a while as it
is not a priority.

Currently, there are lyrics files for the following artists:

10000.maniacs:
abdul.paula:
abwh:
accept:
acdc:
aerosmith:
agnostic.front:
air.supply:
aldo.nova:
allin.gg:
alphaville:
anderson.ian:
anderson.jon:
anderson.laurie:
anthrax:
aphrodites.child:
aslan:
astley.rick:
ati:
bad.religion:
ball.otis:
bangles:
barnes.barnes:
barrett.syd:
bauhaus:
bdp:
beat.the.clock:
beatles:
beegees:
bethania.maria:
biafra.jello:
black.crows:
black.sabbath:
blind.faith:
blue.oyster.cult:
bolton.michael:
bon.jovi:
book.of.love:
boston:
bowie.david:
branigan.laura:
brickman.andy:
brooks.garth:
buggles:
bush.kate:
butthole.surfers:
buzzcocks:
byrds:
camper.van.beethoveen:
caporino.paul:
carey.mariah:
cars:
chapman.tracy:
charlie.brown:
chestnutt.mark:
chicago:
clapton.eric:
cockburn.bruce:
cold.chisel:
collins.phil:
concrete.blond:
costa.gal:
costello.elvis:
coven:
crass:
croce.jim:
cryptic.slaughter:
cure:
dane.taylor:
daniels.charles:
danzig:
dark.angel:
dead.can.dance:
dead.kennedys:
dead.milkmen:
death.angel:
deep.purple:
depeche.mode:
devo:
dire.straits:
divinyls:
domino:
doors:
dr.hook:
dream.academy:
dri:
dylan.bob:
eagles:
elo:
elp:
endpoint:
erasure:
everything.but.the.girl:
exodus:
exploited:
face.to.face:
fagen.donald:
faith.no.more:
fist:
fleetwood.mac:
flotsam.jetsam:
gabriel.peter:
genesis:
gilmour.david:
golden.earring:
gramm.lou:
grant.amy:
grateful.dead:
green.day:
gtr:
guthrie.arlo:
hardball:
heart:
heather.leather:
helloween:
henley.don:
holly.buddy:
hornsby.bruce:
horton.johnny:
human.league:
husker.du:
iggy.pop:
indigo.girls:
information.society:
insight:
integrity:
inxs:
iron.maiden:
jackson.joe:
james.sanborn:
janes.addiction:
jefferson.airplane:
jethro.tull:
joel.billy:
john.elton:
jones.rickie:
journey:
judas.priest:
judds:
kansas:
kentucky.headhunters:
king.carole:
king.crimson:
king.missile:
kingsx:
kiss:
kissyfish:
kravitz.lenny:
kursner.rich:
lard:
led.zeppelin:
lehrer.tom:
libido.boys:
living.colour:
love.and.rockets:
loveless.patty:
maharry.wendy:
manfred.mann:
marx.richard:
mcculloch.ian:
meat.beat.manifesto:
meatloaf:
medieros.glen:
megadeath:
melissa.etheridge:
men.at.work:
men.without.hats:
metal.church:
metallica:
michelle.shocked:
midnight.oil:
miller.steve:
ministry:
minor.threat:
misc:
misc.musical:
misfits:
mister.mister:
mothers.invention:
motorhead:
mudhony:
murphy.peter:
new.order:
newman.randy:
newton.john.olivia:
nids:
night.ranger:
nine.inch.nails:
nofx:
nuclear.assualt:
numan.gary:
oconnor.sinead:
oingo.boingo:
oldfield.mike:
omd:
ouija.board:
outfield:
page.tommy:
pajama.slave.dancers:
parsons.alan:
partnerz.in.kryme:
pet.shop.boys:
petra:
petty.tom:
pigface:
pink.floyd:
pixies:
plant.robert:
pogues:
poi.dog.pondering:
police:
porter.cole:
proclaimers:
prong:
pseudo.echo:
public.distortion:
public.enemy:
public.image.ltd:
pursuit.of.happiness:
queen:
queensryche:
rainbow:
rainmakers:
ramones:
raven:
red.hot.chili.peppers:
reed.cale:
reed.lou:
rem:
reo.speedwagon:
replacements:
robertson.robbie:
rocky.horror:
rolling.stones:
roxy.music:
royal.guardsmen:
rundgren.todd:
rush:
sadler.barry:
sanq:
scorpions:
seger.bob:
seven.seconds:
shelter:
siberry.jane:
silversteen.shel:
simon.garfunkle:
simon.paul:
siouxsie:
sisters.of.mercy:
skaggs:
skid.row:
skinny.puppy:
skynard.lynryd:
slade:
slapshot:
slayer:
smithereens:
smiths:
spinal.tap:
springfield.rick:
springsteen.bruce:
squeeze:
stankas.t.bone:
stevens.ray:
stewart.rod:
sting:
stormtroopers.of.death:
strait.george:
styx:
styz:
suicidal.tendencies:
sundogs:
supertramp:
sweet.fa:
talk.talk:
talking.heads:
tangerine.dream:
taylor.james:
tears.for.fears:
teenage.mutant.ninja.turtles:
tesla:
testament:
they.might.be.giants:
thomas.dolby:
thorpe.billy:
til.tuesday:
timbuk3:
tommi:
too.much.joy:
townshend.pete:
transvision.vamp:
triffid.mol:
trixter:
tsol:
two.nu:
u2:
ultravox:
utopia:
vai.steve:
van.halen:
vanilla.ice:
velvet.underground:
violent.femmes:
vixin:
vovoid:
waller.fats:
walsh.joe:
warrant:
warren.zevon:
waters.roger:
webber.andrew.lloyd:
weird.al:
who:
wig:
winger:
wings:
winwood.steve:
wishbone.ash:
work:
x:
xtc:
yaz:
yes:
zager.evans:
zappa.frank:
zevon.warren:
--
-Dave datta@vacs.uwp.edu.

Life is what is going on while you wait for life to happen.