Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1991-23 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Re: Hair of the Hound(s) Reaching Out Digest-Digest

From: py64725@cc.tut.fi (Yli-Krekola Perttu)
Date: Thu, 4 Jul 1991 04:47:49 -0800
Subject: Re: Hair of the Hound(s) Reaching Out Digest-Digest
To: <love-hounds@HAYES.IMS.ALASKA.EDU>
Newsgroups: rec.music.gaffa

In article <9107032030.AA03000@aristotle.ils.nwu.edu> barger@ils.nwu.EDU (Jorn Barger) writes:
>Newsbriefs from Love-Hounds #1 (edited by Jorn Barger: no copyright but
>please give credit to Love-Hounds!)
>In the June 1991 edition of VOX magazine they have a reader's top 100.
>Kate appears at the following positions:
>#44 Wuthering Heights, #60 The Kick Inside (album), #75 Hounds Of Love
>(album), #95 The Dreaming (album).

I was amazed that no other artist or group got as many as 4 entries
in this readers' '100 Records That Shook The World' list.

In the same issue Patrick Humphries criticizes recent boom of boxed
sets in his article 'Rant boxed sets'. TWW gets is share too:

"... And Kate Bush! Kate and her 'A Woman's Work Is Never Done' collection.
Can't be stuffed making a new album? Tired of all that bothersome creativity
and - horror shock - writing *new* material? Forget it: just bung together
everything you've ever recorded, fling in a couple of instrumental B-sides
only available in Albania, whack on a Karaoke Mix of 'Wuthering Heights'
and Bob's yer Uncle Heathcliffe..."

The only set he finds worthwhile is Dylan's Bootleg box:

"... There are obviously those still alive who deserve to be commemorated:
the recent Bob Dylan Bootleg box has to be the record highlight of the year,
58 songs which cement Dylan as *the* most potent force in pop..."

How I hope we shall see 'Kate Bush the bootleg series volumes 1-3
[rare & unreleased] 1973-1993' boxed set one of these days.
--
Perttu Yli-Krekola
py64725@cc.tut.fi