Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1991-23 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Re: Name this live video

From: ed@vsattui.llnl.gov (Ed Suranyi)
Date: Sun, 30 Jun 1991 13:18:37 -0800
Subject: Re: Name this live video
To: rec-music-gaffa@ames.arc.nasa.gov
Newsgroups: rec.music.gaffa
Sender: usenet@lll-winken.llnl.gov

In article <7874@harrier.ukc.ac.uk> spt1@ukc.ac.uk (Stephen Thomas) writes:
<In article <1991Jun29.225451.1183@funet.fi> ph87272@cs.tut.fi (Petri Heinonen) writes:
<>When and where is this Kate's live performance (which I have on videotape
<>with quite poor quality) recorded:
<> Kate sings Hounds of Love (I'm not sure is it playback or not).
<> The place looks like a big restaurant with many
<> round tables and bright blue lights. Kate is wearing a long dress.
<
<If, at some point, a man in a suit comes on stage, dances with Kate a
<bit, and then walks off just as the song finishes, then the venue is
<the 1985 (1986?) BPI (British Phonographic Industry) awards, now called
<the Brit awards.

It was 1986.  Not all copies of this are so bad quality.  I have a pretty
good one.

--
Ed Suranyi              ed@wente.llnl.gov
Paul:  "It must be nice to always believe you know better -- to always