Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1991-22 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

_Pulse!_, July, 1991

From: ed@wente.llnl.gov (Ed Suranyi)
Date: Thu, 27 Jun 1991 10:26:38 -0800
Subject: _Pulse!_, July, 1991
To: love-hounds@eddie.mit.edu

The new issue of _Pulse!_ (the Tower Records magazine) just
came out, and as usual there are a couple of mentions of Kate:

1.  In the laserdisc new releases, they list:

Kate Bush/The Whole Story/Pioneer Artists/24.95

Now, this is about the fifth confirmation I've seen of this, but
I have yet to actually see the laserdisc for myself.  Has anybody
seen it yet?  If not, if anybody DOES see it, please tell this
newsgroup right away!

2.  Once again somebody includes Kate in his or her Desert Island Discs.
Wayne Chapman of Sacramento writes:

     "Instead of submitting a list of DIDs that'll just end up being
completely different a few months from now, I thought I'd jot down a
dozen discs featuring my favorite feminine songfests."

Actually, he lists ten discs, not a dozen, and one of them is:

"10.  _The Dreaming_ -- Kate Bush.  Manages to be endearingly dippy,
remarkably ambitious and flagrantly ignored all at once.  Bet she's
awful cuddly, though."

For the record his other choices are:

1. 20 Greatest Hits -- Diana Ross and the Supremes
2. I Never Loved a Man (The Way I Love You) -- Aretha Franklin
3. Cheap Thrills -- Big Brother and the Holding Company
4. Blue -- Joni Mitchell
5. Horses -- Patti Smith
6. Parallel Lines -- Blondie
7. Pretenders -- The Pretenders
8. Broken English -- Marianne Faithfull
9. Pirates -- Rickie Lee Jones

Ed Suranyi              ed@wente.llnl.gov
Paul:  "It must be nice to always believe you know better -- to always
	think you're the smartest person in the room!"
Jane:  "No, it's awful."        -- "Broadcast News"