Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1991-22 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Re: Cathy

From: nrc@cbema.att.com (Neal R Caldwell, Ii)
Date: Mon, 24 Jun 1991 16:42:19 -0800
Subject: Re: Cathy
To: gaffa-post@eddie.mit.edu
Newsgroups: rec.music.gaffa

>From article <2773@cruzio.santa-cruz.ca.us>, by mscott@uunet.UU.NET (Michael Scott):
> Several years ago, there was a large discussion regarding "Cathy", the
> book about kate by her own brother, John Carder Bush.  At the time, only
> here from have no records of it.  Does anyone remember where to get the book.
> Is it still $72 dollars, and - has anyone read it?

Over a year ago a flyer from the Kate Bush Club stated that there were
only a few left.  It seems very unlikely that there are any left now.
In any case, the last I heard to order internationally you had to
write Kindlight to find out the price for your location.  I think you
even have to include a bank check made out in pounds to cover their
return postage.  Kindlight is the only source for new copies of _Cathy_.
I have seen a few of them floating around for sale, check Goldmine.  The
last address I have for Kindlight is:

       Kindlight
       PO Box 30
       Welling, Kent DA16 3DL
       UK

By the way, you mentioned "reading" the _Cathy_ book.  There's really
not much to read.  _Cathy_ is a collection of John Carder Bush's
photos of Kate as a young girl with captions for each photo.  If
you're expecting a biography you'll be disappointed.  The photos are
wonderful, however.

> Lastly, I am interested in subscribing to Homeground, but do know the proper
> exchange rate.  I think I still have an old address, but does anyone know
> how much a subscription would be in US dollars, it used to be 22 pounds if
> I remember correctly.

The current rate is #12.10 for one year in America.  Any decent newspaper
should have a section with foriegn exchange rates.  You can send a bank
check payable in pounds or apply the exchange rate yourself, add 7.5%
for their conversion costs and send U.S. currency.  The address is

PO Box 176
Orpington Kent
UK  BR5 3NA

"Don't drive too slowly."                 Richard Caldwell
                                          AT&T Network Systems
                                          att!cbnews!nrc
                                          nrc@cbnews.att.com