Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1991-21 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

WH on French commercial

From: afp!omj!kimon@tfd.com (Kimon Berlin)
Date: Sun, 23 Jun 1991 06:29:17 -0800
Subject: WH on French commercial
To: love-hounds@eddie.mit.edu

Finally, I've set up my own uucp connection - no more hassles posting. I think
several people in the Paris area will be more than happy to know they can get
a love-hounds distribution...

On to news (since I haven't been able to read l-h in weeks, this might be a
repost) : there's a commercial now airing on all 6 French channels for "O^ de
Lanco^me", a perfume... and the soundtrack is Wuthering Heights, all of 15
seconds of it !

Some of us have been trying to tape it, but it's a long-time project - we need
to get hours on tape before there's hope for success. Taping it "on the fly"
would mean we'd lose at least .5 seconds - awful thought.

Btw, does anyone near France have equipment to convert SECAM to NTSC ? I'm sure
that serious colleKTors will not want to live without it, and SECAM tapes are
no good anywhere outside France.

Kimon

Kimon Berlin - serving 8-12 months as sysadmin for a crime he did not commit...
uucp: tfd.com!afp!gna!omj!kimon  bitnet: berlin@frecp12   phone: +33 1 46722485