Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1991-21 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Re: Jon's review of Happy

From: gatech!chinet.chi.il.us!katefans@EDDIE.MIT.EDU (Chris Williams)
Date: Thu, 20 Jun 1991 12:26:00 -0800
Subject: Re: Jon's review of Happy
To: love-hounds@eddie.mit.edu

Vickie here.

To Jon:

Re HR's music...

Sorry you didn't like the music, but I'm totally comfortable with that.
It is completely different from what you're used to listening to.
I suppose I sent the tape hoping for something along the lines of "Well, I
don't like it, but I can see the appeal it might have for other people."

HR's music obviously won't appeal to everyone. I accept that and I
certainly wouldn't try to change your mind. Hey, I don't like opera.
Actually I detest opera and opera buffs could talk my ears off telling me
all the reasons why I should like it. But I've heard it. And I hate it.
I also understand the problems people have with the "If you love Kate
you'll love HR" tone. An opera buff could say to me "If you love classical
music and choral music you'll love opera" and I would think that is a
logical thing and would probably be true for a lot of people. For myself
though--WRONGO! I truly love classical music and choral music sends me to
bliss. I still hate opera though! It's all subjective and individual.

Re HR's lyrics...

Thanks for the profound insights into your psyche.

My sense of humor has finally been restored!

:->

katefans@chinet.chi.il.us