Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1991-21 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

commendations and comments

From: gb10@gte.com (Gregory Bossert)
Date: Thu, 20 Jun 1991 09:56:33 -0800
Subject: commendations and comments
To: love-hounds@eddie.mit.edu

an overdue "thanks" to John Relph for the _TWW_ lyrics booklets!
not only do they look great, but the files are beautiful examples
of PostScript programming.

my picture-laden version of the books should be ready, oh let's see,
say in 2003, give or take a year... ;-\

a tip of the obscurity hat to the druk-man, for managing to work
the Legendary Pink Dots and Uncle Bonzai into the same paragraph.
while i don't quite grok the UB/Happy connection, i was glad for an
excuse to go and listen to my Bonzai albums again...

can we *please* stop debating the Happy question?  there *are* no
more lyrics to post.  anyway, a post about Happy *might* interest
someone;  a post about posts about Happy will almost certainly *not*.
(hmm, gonna wear out the * key...)

Sheila Chandra fans might want to keep an eye out for "compilASIAN NR 1"
from Indipop/MNW (INDCD 1) -- this is a Steve Coe project featuring
a number of indian/indian influenced artists.  check out _Pump Up the
Bhangra_ from the New Pardesi Music Machine.  B-}  Ms. Chandra contributes
_One_: one of my favorite post-Monsoon songs.

footah!
-greg -- gb10@gte.com --
	"a woman drew her long black hair out tight
	 and fiddled whisper music on those strings
	 and bats with baby faces in the violet light
	 whistled, and beat their wings" -- T.S. Eliot