Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1991-21 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Boxed Set Survey/Letter to EMI - outcome

From: dlangs%sunstroke@sdsu.edu (Derek Langsford)
Date: Tue, 18 Jun 1991 14:13:32 -0800
Subject: Boxed Set Survey/Letter to EMI - outcome
To: love-hounds@ims.alaska.edu

Remember back in the dark ages of last winter I took a survey of prices for the
'This Woman's Work' Boxed Set?  This was in response to the general disgust
expressed on gaffa by myself and others at the blatant price-gouging by
EMI and most sellers around the world and the minimal effort expended by
EMI on the boxes content and packaging.  There were of course a few
exceptional sources who had the guts to sell the set at a reasonable price.

Well, I summarized the survey and wrote a critical letter to Steve Davis,
Product Manager for EMI in London, complaining of the situation.  He had
replied to the letter IED and I sent concerning the set's configuration.
Of course we were too late to influence things but a reply was appreciated.

To date I have not had a reply to the second letter despite including a
self-addressed and stamped (with UK stamps:) envelope.  I guess I was asking
too much for him to defend EMI's position to me personally.

I thought I would just inform everyone of the outcome.  Sorry I didn't
get to it sooner but I expect no-one lost any sleep over it :)

Boy, two posts in one day.  I must be *really* bored with my work.

Derek Langsford
dlangs@sunstroke.sdsu.edu