Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1991-21 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Re: Kate's intelligence (measurable)

From: nrc@cbema.att.com (Neal R Caldwell, Ii)
Date: Tue, 18 Jun 1991 09:41:26 -0800
Subject: Re: Kate's intelligence (measurable)
To: gaffa-post@eddie.mit.edu
Newsgroups: rec.music.gaffa

>From article <9106181438.AA13260@NADC.NADC.NAVY.MIL>, by fingerle@NADC.NADC.NAVY.MIL (J. Fingerle):
>
> I was just talking to an RAF exchange officer stationed at the Navy facility
> where I work.  He is a Kate fan and said it is fairly common knowledge in
> the UK that "Kate is rather clever" and that she passed "four A-levels."
>
> In the recent thread concerning this, I believe that this was not mentioned.
> We had only discussed Kate having passed her 10 O-levels.  So I put it to you
> people, is this true?  Anyone know for sure?

According to an interview in the "Kate Bush On Tour" show (recently
posted by Ron, thanks Ron).  Kate got 10 O-levels and took her "mock
A's" before leaving school but never got any regular A-levels.

I assume that "mock A's" are some sort of practice exam taken to prepare
for the regular A-levels.  Whether it could be said that she got four
of these "mock A's" I don't know.

Considering that she had thought of becoming a vet or a phyciatrist
it would make sense (from what our international correspondents have
told us) that she would take a large number of Os and then prepare
for her A-levels with about four "mock As".

Strange thought.  Another time.  Another place.  Kate (or is it
Cathy) Bush sits quietly completing her O-Level exam.  Does she
have the faintest idea that fifteen years later devout fans all
over the world will be talking about how well she did?

Was Rod Serling standing in the room at the time?

<theme music...fade out>

"Don't drive too slowly."                 Richard Caldwell
                                          AT&T Network Systems
                                          att!cbnews!nrc
                                          nrc@cbnews.att.com