Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1991-21 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Re: Q: Saturday Night Live

From: ed@vsattui.llnl.gov (Ed Suranyi)
Date: Mon, 17 Jun 1991 08:57:14 -0800
Subject: Re: Q: Saturday Night Live
To: rec-music-gaffa@ames.arc.nasa.gov
Newsgroups: rec.music.gaffa
Sender: usenet@lll-winken.llnl.gov

In article <9106170834.AA05914@elwood.Materna.DE> kkluge@Materna.DE (Klaus Kluge) writes:

>During the lasts weeks I have watched replays of S.N.L. on MTV (it's an
>european version of MTV, isn't it?) occasionally, but of course I would
>hate to miss the one featuring KaTe. On the other hand I don't want to
>watch them all (in the middle of the night) just to not miss THAT one.
>
>Is somebody able to help me find out when the one with KaTe will be shown? My
>TV program doesn't even mention MTV. Does someone have a list of the shows
>with their special guests, so that I can find out when about it will be?

Kate appeared on Saturday Night Live one of the times Eric Idle was the
host.  HOWEVER -- whenever this show has been repeated in the U.S., Kate's
parts have been cut out!!  In fact, this episode has appeared on
videotape, with a picture of Kate's performance on the back of the box,
but again, her part has been cut out!!  This is why nobody seems to have a
decent copy of this performance -- the only copies around are
multi-generational ones from the first time this show actually aired,
back in 1979.  I would extremely interested if they show Kate in the
version MTV Europe is airing.

--
Ed Suranyi
ed@wente.llnl.gov  <---- Note new e-mail address