Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1991-21 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Re: Love and Anger

From: nrc@cbema.att.com (Neal R Caldwell, Ii)
Date: Fri, 14 Jun 1991 10:13:44 -0800
Subject: Re: Love and Anger
To: gaffa-post@eddie.mit.edu
Newsgroups: rec.music.gaffa

>From article <5F585A78339F20C030@cs.umass.EDU>, by KROVETZ@cs.umass.EDU:
> Towards the end of Love and Anger, Kate says something that I can't make
> out.  It's about 7 or 8 seconds before she says "Yeah!" and it sounds
> like "Only in Jest".  She says it in the video as well.  Does anyone
> else have a better idea of what she's saying?

Yeah, we were looking at that on the laser disc the other night.  I
had never noticed that she actually lip syncs that ad-lib but that's
typical of her attention to detail.

Unfortunately after looping it through several times we're no closer
to an answer even after watching her lips carefully (not exactly a
bothersome thing to do).  For a while I thought it might have been
something along the lines of "pause for the jet" but it looks like
the "f" sound should come sooner in the phrase. I don't remember
anything that looked or sounded like "Only", we'll have to check that
one again.  It looks like the last word is something along the lines
of "jet", "yet" or "jest".

Any other ideas, folks?  How about _Heads We're Dancing_?  Has anyone
else detected what sounds like barely audible background vocals during
the chorus?  It always gets my attention but I can't make out a single
word or even be sure it's there.  Maybe I shouldn't play it so loud.

"Don't drive too slowly."                 Richard Caldwell
                                          AT&T Network Systems
                                          att!cbnews!nrc
                                          nrc@cbnews.att.com