Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1991-20 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

digesting gaffa

From: stern@chem.nwu.edu (Charlotte Stern)
Date: Wed, 12 Jun 1991 10:34:53 -0800
Subject: digesting gaffa
To: love-hounds@eddie.mit.edu

>From:	jbg@wsc-sun.boeing.com (James Glidewell)

>  There are a number of us however, who read Love-Hounds via the mailing
> list. For us, there is no "N" key, only ctrl-S/ctrl-Q. And so I sit here
> and watch 500 lines of Happy lyrics scroll by, with my finger on the "Q"
> key, waiting for the next Kate related article to scroll up. This can be
> quite frustrating. I'm sure that most of the "unHappy" readers are mailing
> list subscribers, rather than rec.music.gaffa readers.

Actually Jim, I also read the digest.  I have written a couple
of quick sed scripts that will break the postings into individual
mail messages... then I just read each posting as a separate mail message
using mail -f (this is all on unix).  That makes it easier to
save portions of text and delete things, using all the mailer perks.
Anyone who wants --- I can send you the scripts (if you have unix).
If there's enough interest, I'll post'em.  I can't imagine reading lovehounds
as one huge block.  Cutting and pasting must be hell, even in a good
editor.  Yuck.

-mjm (mike mendelson)