Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1991-20 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Re: Happy Rhodes...

From: barger@aristotle.ils.nwu.edu (Jorn Barger)
Date: Wed, 12 Jun 1991 05:11:13 -0800
Subject: Re: Happy Rhodes...
To: love-hounds@eddie.mit.edu

Charles Boyer asks:
>Could some Mac owner out there that happens to have the Happy Rhodes
>elpees be kind enough to aurally digitize excerpts of it and mail it
>back to me?

Waaall, I guess so.  It'll be a coupla days, though.  So anybody else who
wants 'em send me a request.  I also have the mystery line from X4: "I
think my mum's back-slapping for listening to destruct...(?)"   It's 60k,
and completely baffling, even sonogrammed.

What Happy shall I do? (not elpees, beeteewee: ceedee 'n' cassesses)
1) "I want to go back to the trees where my art was born..."
2) "I think I need to find the key..."
3) "You cannot defy their will..."
4) "The woman just stared while the cat lay dying (uh!)..."
5) "Lay me down-- encompass me with violets..."

I have to say that these moments are exquisite... but that there are other
places on Warpaint that turn me off.  And that bugs me, and keeps me from
listening as often as I otherwise would.

Re the Happy/UnHappy question, I wish the lyrics-whiners would just plug
it-- you all had many many warnings that they were coming, and said not a
peep, and now it's over and done and won't be repeated so what's the