Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1991-20 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Re: Second Part of Mtv interview

From: ed@vsattui.llnl.gov (Ed Suranyi)
Date: Tue, 11 Jun 1991 11:49:26 -0800
Subject: Re: Second Part of Mtv interview
To: rec-music-gaffa@ames.arc.nasa.gov
Newsgroups: rec.music.gaffa
Sender: usenet@lll-winken.llnl.gov

I'm really glad Ron Hill is transcribing these interviews.  But as usual,
he made some errors I'd like to correct.

In article <m0jn4pV-0000dhC@crash.cts.com> rhill@pnet01.cts.COM (Ronald Hill) writes:
>        K: THere were very few track on this album that I wrote on the piano -
>Running Up That Hill, Hounds of Love, Watching You Without Me.  Most of them
>were Fairlight based.

This is a mistranscription, as anyone who listens to the album _Hounds of
Love_ can tell.  Here's what Kate really says:

	 K: There are very few tracks on this album that I wrote on the
piano.  "Running Up That Hill",  "Hounds of Love", "Watching You Without
Me" -- most of them were Fairlight based.

In other words, Kate groups RUTH, HOL and WYWM with the songs written on the
Fairlight, not the piano.  This should be obvious if you listen to the
songs.

>        I: Are there any writers who've really influenced you alot.  Print
>writers like [??? mentions two writers I couldn't figure out names! Bo Gorge?]
>that you want to talk about?

One of the writers he mentions in Bob Gurdjieff.  I can't remember the
other.

>[K:]  And when I was really little,
>one of my favorite writers was Oscar Wilder and his fairy stories.

That's Oscar Wilde, of course.

--
Ed Suranyi
ed@wente.llnl.gov  <---- Note new e-mail address