Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1991-20 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Tanita Tikaram

From: <GREINER%UCLASTRO.BITNET@mitvma.mit.edu>
Date: Mon, 10 Jun 1991 20:37:00 -0800
Subject: Tanita Tikaram
To: love-hounds@eddie.mit.edu

Recently, during the Happy Debates, Richard Caldwell has written,

>I agree.  And further, my tastes seem to vary enough from the Love-
>Hounds norm that I've had a fairly low success rate on things that
>have been highly touted here.  I've had much better luck with things
>that have been mentioned only occasionally; Tanita Tikaram,  Caterwaul,
>Fetchin' Bones and Innocence Mission, for example.  In fact, Tanita
>Tikaram's latest album, _The Sweetkeeper_ was pretty much unmentioned
>here.  Sure, I'd say it is perhaps her weakest effort, but I still
>enjoy it a lot more than the best I've heard from Jane Siberry.

I don't really have much of an opinion on the Happy Question, (to post or
not to post) but I just thought I'd point out to all fellow Tanita Tikaram
enthusiasts that _The Sweetkeeper_ is Tanita's second album which I agree
with Richard is her weakest work, but it is not her latest.  This very year
she has released a new album called _Everybody's Angel_ which is much better
than _TS_.  I was lucky enough to see her at the Roxy here in LA and she put
on quite a good show.  (Great venue.  Only room for 150 or so.)  She also has
a concert video out with the same name as her first (and still best) album
_Ancient Heart_.  It's also recommended to TT fans.

                                                Wade