Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1991-20 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Re: T'Pau

From: scott@cs.heriot-watt.ac.uk (Scott Telford)
Date: Mon, 10 Jun 1991 04:07:10 -0800
Subject: Re: T'Pau
To: rec-music-gaffa@uunet.UU.NET
Newsgroups: rec.music.gaffa
Sender: news@cs.heriot-watt.ac.uk

In article <28508339@xurilka.UUCP> chryses@xurilka.UUCP (Phong Co) writes:
>As the subject line says, I'd like some opinions/comments on T'Pau
>(the band, not Spock's mother!).  I know they have two albums out,
>that the lead singer is supposed to have a great voice (she sure is
>pretty...).  I heard a song off their first album, but that was a
>long time ago, and I'd like to know how the rest of their stuff
>stacks up.

OK, here goes again....

Albums:
- "Bridge of Spies" or "T'pau" depending on what side of the puddle
you're on. (1987)

- 1988: "Rage" (1988)

- One more due out in the UK last week ("Promise") but I haven't seen it
yet. (first single from it ("Whenever you need me") released a few weeks
ago, got to #20 in UK chart).

Lead singer: Carol Decker, 'bout same age as KaTe, not quite as pretty
(IMHO 8^), nice powerful voice, but not too expressive.

IMHO, "BoS" is great, "Rage" slightly less so, there's a new producer on
the new album and I don't think he's quite got the same touch as the
last one (Roy Thomas Baker).

Dunno 'bout US release, wouldn't be too optimistic though...

| Scott Telford, Dept of Computer Science,               scott@cs.hw.ac.uk    |
| Heriot-Watt University, Edinburgh, UK.                 scott%hwcs@ukc.uucp  |
|_____ "Expect the unexpected." (The Hitch-Hiker's Guide to the Galaxy) ______|