Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1991-20 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Re: Happy post #1

From: aruss@oucsace.cs.ohiou.edu (Andrew Russ)
Date: Sun, 9 Jun 1991 20:57:49 -0800
Subject: Re: Happy post #1
To: rec-music-gaffa@cis.ohio-state.edu
Newsgroups: rec.music.gaffa

I got Ecto, and i like it a lot.  Project 499 is my favorite song generally
because i like the way it cruises.

	I'm surprised nobody's noted the similarity between Happy & the
first Danielle Dax album, Pop-Eyes, the one where Danielle played everything.
But then my initial description of Danielle's "Bed Caves" was Kate Bush singing
"The Flowers of Romance" (the PiL song).  There is some similarity to Joni
Mitchell in the low notes, and the line in "Up From Out From Under Me" about
"at first i thought he escaped from the looney bin/ then i found out/ he
was right" strikes me as straight out of Laurie Anderson.
	But these are merely similarities, and i find Happy quite her own
artist.

	There is a flavor of Hi-C called Ecto Cooler, a slime-green colored
drink.  The label even has a picture of a monster on it, though a much more
user-friendly looking creature than the one on the cover of Ecto.

					andrew russ