Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1991-19 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Happy Rhodes mailing list

From: jessica@athos.rutgers.edu (jessica)
Date: Sun, 9 Jun 1991 19:50:24 -0800
To: rec-music-gaffa@rutgers.edu
Newsgroups: rec.music.gaffa

Ok. I agree that something that takes up this much discussion
warrants a seperate area for it.

Most topics come and go - there's no point in creating a news group
or mailing list if the traffic will die down quickly.

I never expected the posts about happy rhodes to go on so long.
When they did, I wasn't sure they'd still continue to for very long.

Now that I have Warpaint and all four of the tapes, I am
pretty convinced that the discussions will not end, not soon,
and not at all if Happy Rhodes continues to make music.

I agree with Vickie and others who have said this: Happy Rhodes
is an important artist. Whether she has a major record company's
contract or not.

Someone commented snidely about "what will be next, happy ftp sites?
happy gifs? happy etc...?" Well i actually happen to think "yes"
as I for one do want to have at least all of the album covers as GIFs.
(Whoever said the daemons were ugly - i agree, and i think they're great!)

Anyway, enough said for my last post about happy to this group.
What I'd like to do is announce a mailing list for the discussion
of Happy Rhodes.

I will decide tomorrow (monday june 10) what to call it.
Until then, if you'd like to be a part of the list, please
send me a message at <jessica@athos.rutgers.edu>. Or instead,
perhaps we can have a few days of discussion as to what permanent
name to give it.

To those who have been disturbed by the posts about Happy here on
rec.music.gaffa, and no longer have any interest at all in hearing her
music, I am truly sorry and hope that you can come across it by
accident sometime as it is truly beautiful and moving and special.

			jessica
--
|| jessica  || It is this that || Don't try to tell me there's no reason for ||
|| lawrence ||    brings us    || any moment in time, every memory of mine.  ||