Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1991-19 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Au contraire, mon ami

From: Sean Judge <sjudge@umaxc.weeg.uiowa.edu>
Date: Sun, 9 Jun 1991 13:20:34 -0800
Subject: Au contraire, mon ami
To: love-hounds@eddie.mit.edu

I really rather hate having to scroll endlessly past the posts.  My time is
not that cheap really, since I am extremely busy in the daytime, I have to
get my e-mail at ungodly hours of the night/EARLY morning, and going through
page after page after page of _unsolicited_ lyrics, I get to either a small
comment on Kate or "End of Love-Hounds Digest" messages.  TOO much.  I like
hearing about her style....but 10 page documentations of lyrics and interviews
are WAY out of hand.  (Rather 10 screenfulls...or MORE!)

As for me, I have always just thought of the running up roads/hills/buildings
as a simple metaphor for intense effort/struggle.  I kind of rationalized
the "running up that building" line as in "running up to the top floor of
that building" and not "running on the outside of a building with sticky-shoes."So, I just visualize the intense and exhaustive image of someone trying
desperately to reach someplace, as though it were a matter of life and death.

P.S.  my GOD what a run-on sentence!