Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1991-19 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Ugggg!

From: Ken.Saintjohn@samba.acs.unc.edu
Date: Sun, 9 Jun 1991 12:49:50 -0800
Subject: Ugggg!
To: Love-Hounds@eddie.mit.edu

  I certainly know why Vishal Markandy writes:

>>Folks, this Happy stuff is getting to be sickening. I am tired of wading
>>through endless streams of Happy posts to find the occassional Kate article.
>>While I have always appreciated reading about artists other than Kate on
>>Gaffa, and consider Gaffa an important source of information for expanding
>>my musical tastes, this barrage of Happy related material is a bit much.

(I agree 110%!)

Steve VanDevender replies to Vishal:

>>Let's face it, there are a lot more interesting things to say
>>about Happy Rhodes right now than there are to say about Kate.
>>There may be an impending Kate album, and an even impending tour
>>(SeKond Koming indeed!) but there is little more than the
>>rehashing of old arguments and occasional rumors of what is to
>>come.  So some of us are choosing to use this forum for its
>>long-agreed-upon secondary purpose of discussing other
>>alternative musicians.

More interesting things to say about Happy then KaTe???? Well then I
strongly suggest your in the wrong newsgroup! I DON'T care about Happy and
I'm getting *SICK* of having Happy info clutter my screen every time I
come up here to read and ask questions about KaTe! I have been a KaTe
fan since '78 and have never ran out of interesting things to talk
about concerning KaTe. I have seen LOTS of Kate related questions go
unanswere here in this newsgroup in the past few mounts and yet I have
seen no shortage of Happy info. Frankly right now you could not _give_
me a Happy record or CD!

Vishal go on to say:

>Those of you who want to talk about Happy, please consider setting up a
>mailing list or forming a separate news group. Spare the rest of us.

(Again I agree 110%!)

Steve replys:

>_If_ it turns out that discussion of Happy Rhodes really starts
>to overwhelm the group, _then_ it may be necessary to split off a
>new mailing list.

Well Steve if it has not reach that point by now when will it??? Every
time I call rec.music.gaffa I'm bombarded with h.r. info! Do it now!
Pretty please???

Steve adds:

>Frankly, I'd rather see discussion of Happy Rhodes (and not just
>because I'm a fan) than IED and Drukman slugging it out over some
>other bit of rehashed Kate trivia.  No disrepeKT to the goddess
>that is Kate Bush, but I think even She would not want us to dote
>so ceaselessly upon her and her music.

Frankly I think you may be in the wrong newsgroup! This _IS_ after all
rec.music.gaffa! _*NOT*_ rec.music.happy. If you don't call whats been
going on here concerning Happy "doting" I don't know what the hell you
can call it.

 Oh by the way every one is welcome for the *KaTe Bush* gifs there are more
to come. Thanks Richard for getting them up and available :-)

                                    Ken SaintJohn
                             Ken.Saintjohn@bbs.oit.unc.edu
                "I think quotes are very dangerous things!" KaTe Bush...