Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1991-19 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

sTuff

From: Klaus Kluge <kkluge@Materna.DE>
Date: Thu, 6 Jun 91 12:50:02 +0200
Subject: sTuff

___ some days ago _Vickie_ (Hi Vickie!) wrote _____________________________

> All of us had come up with some very inventive words that were as wrong
> as could possibly be. I think Happy had a grand time with it all. In the

And I thought I didn't get it all because it's not my native tongue.
Reading now that I'm not the only one is a great relief (the "hundred
billion bottles washed upon the shore" surprise).

> sounded like "I put on my traveling suit" and it was logical, so I sang
> it that way to myself. Getting the lyrics and finding out the line was

Just try to imagine what I am singing to myself (only in my head of course).
When there is a word or phrase I don't understand I accept the sound as a
word. And because of my limited vocabulary it's very likely to be a word
which doesn't exist or has a completely different meaning. Reading the
lyrics later is a great source of amazement.

> continued to sing it my way. Happy said "wait a minute, you mean she's NOT
> singing 'traveling suit'?" She had heard it that way too and had never
> checked the lyric sheet to correct it. I'm glad I'm not the only one!

Well, don't trust lyric sheets! You really can't rely on them. How often
have you found differences between the words on the paper and the words in
your ears? Probably some lyrics are printed before the final recording is
done, or an earlier version goes to print. So maybe you are right? Maybe
KaTe was singing 'travelling suit' and the lyrics are wrong. Just keep
singing 'travelling'.

___ later, _John Grigutis_ (Hi John!) wrote _______________________________

> season's hurricanes, I came upon one that particularly caught my eye:
> Kate!  Wouldn't it be a great omen if with the coming of Hurricane
> Kate, also came the real Kate? Say with her "upcoming" "world" "tour"

Let's hope that our hopes for a tour aren't blown away by it.

> ... curmudgeon ...

So I finally had to look it up in my dictionary.
... So that's what it means!
...... It's a _Brummbar_ (with 2 dots above the 'a')!  ;-)

 He thought he was gonna die. But he didn't.   | Klaus Kluge
 She thought she could never cope but she did. | kkluge@Materna.DE
 We thought it was all over. But it wasn't     |----------------------
 ...... it hadn't started yet.         (KaTe)  | (Unicornuus Marinus)