Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1991-19 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

MTV's "The Big Picture"

From: jburka@silver.ucs.indiana.edu
Date: Thu, 06 Jun 91 23:14:44 EST
Subject: MTV's "The Big Picture"

I was reading some stuff on the net tonight and half-heartedly paying attention
to the extra-long-nifty-neato-special-summer-movies-version of "The Big
Picture" when I was startled to hear what I assume was an instrumental version
of the Pixies' "Dig for Fire" (is there an instrumental version on the
single?) used as background music. That was a very pleasant surprise; I've
never heard the Pixies used for anything like that.  The music switched
to another song I didn't recognize, then switched again...to those
familliar tolling bells...the instrumental version of TSW.  I wonder who
put together the soundtrack for the show...said person seems to have some
taste!

Jeff

|Jeffrey C. Burka                | "At night they're seen                 |
|jburka@silver.ucs.indiana.edu   |  Laughing, loving, 	                  |
|jburka@amber.ucs.indiana.edu    |  They know the way to be happy" --KaTe |