Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1991-18 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

My Special Child

From: jburka@silver.ucs.indiana.edu
Date: Sat, 01 Jun 91 02:35:53 EST
Subject: My Special Child

I haven't seen any mentions of this, so:

I picked up Sinead's new single today, "My Special Child" from _The Simple
Truth_ (yeah the concert (and album, I assume) for Kurdish relief).  The
single contains the title track, live versions of "Nothing Compares 2 U,"
"Emporer's New Clothes," and the instrumental version of the new song.

The song is quite pretty, with drums, acoustic guitar, strings (by the Irish
Chamber Orchestra), Uillean pipes, and whistle.  The pipes and whistle
were arranged by Donal Lunny, a name that should be familliar to all you
fanaTiKs (he contributed bouzouki on "Night of the Swallow," "And Dream of
Sheep," "Jig of Life," "Hello Earth," and "The Sensual World.").

I haven't had enough of a chance to really listen to the song *carefully*
but it certainly sounds like it would have fit on _IDNWWIHG_.  I almost
like the instrumental version better than the one with vocals--a *very*
pretty, soothing song.

Jeff

|Jeffrey C. Burka                | "At night they're seen                 |
|jburka@silver.ucs.indiana.edu   |  Laughing, loving, 	                  |
|jburka@amber.ucs.indiana.edu    |  They know the way to be happy" --KaTe |