Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1991-18 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Another Young Ones/Kate Bush reference

From: Dances With Voles <jondr@sco.com>
Date: Thu, 30 May 91 11:57:11 PDT
Subject: Another Young Ones/Kate Bush reference

Because I am the coolest person in the world, I get to find out about all
sorts of neat things.  Thanks to the second coolest person in the world,
who, by an amazing coincidence, works in the office next to mine, I now
have in my sweaty little hands a copy of Neil's Heavy Concept Album.
(That's Neil the hippy dude from the Young Ones, for those of you who are
slow on the uptake.)

Take it away, Neil:

...and another sixties type number on the album is a song called HURDY
GURDY MAN which I wrote one night in my sleep no you didn't yes I did, you
didn't write HURDY GURDY MAN, Donovan did, oh yeah? who are you then? I'm
Donovan, you're not Donovan, you look much too straight to be Donovan, yes
I am, I'm Donovan, oh yeah if you're Donovan I'm Meatloaf, well if you're
Meatloaf I'm Kate Bush, oh come on you don't look anything like Kate Bush,
well nor does Donovan... well anyway HURDY GURDY MAN is like about
universal peace and understanding and harmony and really important shit
like that...

Well, I haven't even had a chance to listen to this record yet, but I
already know it's a winner.  The lyrics to "Lentil Nightmare" look
particularly promising.

Incidentally, the producer/arranger and general musical collaborator on
this record is Dave Stewart, of Dave Stewart/Barbara Gaskin fame.  In fact,
Miss Gaskin is on this record as well, playing the part of "neil's mum" and
"she wolf."

Jon Drukman (the bostinous one)              uunet!sco!jondr      jondr@sco.com
Always note the sequencer - this will never let us down.