Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1991-18 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Happy stuff from Vickie

From: barger@aristotle.ils.nwu.edu (Jorn Barger)
Date: Thu, 30 May 91 13:37:57 CDT
Subject: Happy stuff from Vickie

Ken Brownfield writes:
>I walked to the Rose Records here on the UofI campus yesterday to
>ask about their Happy Rhodes shipment.  The clerk I talked to had
>never
>heard of her, so she asked the guy in back. The first thing he asked me
>was "How did you find out about Happy?"  I told him that I knew
>someone from the company, and he said "Is it Vickie?"
> So who's the love-hound in C-U?  Apparently someone had already
gone in
>and asked about it!  Their shipment has been delayed for some reason,
>as all the other stores have received their shipments.  Pooey.

The manager down there, Bob, is a big Katefan.  Vickie sent him some tapes
of Happy.  WEFT has asked Aural G. for a CD, (it's in the mail).

Vickie also reports:

Warpaint is in the Rhino Records _store_ in LA.

WXPN in Philadelphia has a copy, and it's a Gavin station (figures in the
national charts).

Also, the Albany paper had a piece on Happy et al. on Sunday.
And something called "Splice"... anybody know that one?