Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1991-17 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Mars Needs Kate

From: Dances With Voles <jondr@sco.com>
Date: Tue, 28 May 91 12:31:09 PDT
Subject: Mars Needs Kate

From: sauron@GARFIELD.CS.MUN.CA (Patrick Ryan)
>>They're in the CD booklet, unless you've got some new edition which doesn't
>>include the lyrics sheet...
>
>I had heard the song *without* owning the CD.  Difficult concept, I
>know...

Listen up, you miserable weasel.  In the US, there have been several
different editions of the KT discs issued.  Some have lyrics, some don't.
I was merely curious to see if TSW had already become a cheapo lyric-less
disc.  So lighten up.

>Sorry.  As I said, I was previously unaware of this group's existence.
>I (apparently mistakenly) thought I could get some of my questions about
>my favorite female singer answered.  I thought, since everyone here is a
>fan, such a question, while probably repetetive, would not be totally
>inappropriate.

Nothing personal, but EVERYBODY who wanders in here asks the same
question.  I'm allowed to be a little dismayed when it pops up again,
anticipating the flood of argument it will engender.  It's not your fault,
and I indeed took time to point that out, but you mistakenly interpreted it
as:

><Wads of strange stuff (constituting roughly 10 times more verbal diarrhea
>than my original posting) deleted.>

Pure nonsense, dear lad.  Adjust your language parser.

>I already know that.  Somebody less uptight answered.

Somebody less uptight than ME?  A biological impossibility, pal o' mine.

---From: ed@DAS.LLNL.GOV (Edward J. Suranyi)

>Don't mind Jon Drukman -- he's the group's resident curmudgeon.  If I
>had seen your questions, I would have answered them more
>straightforwardly.  I daresay a lot of people would not have been
>as amused, however.

I am not the resident curmudgeon; see below.

From: kyrlidis@athena.mit.EDU (Agathagelos Kyrlidis)
>In article <16976@scorn.sco.COM> "Jonathan S. Drukman" <fscott!jondr@uunet.UU.NET> writes:
>>Also, imagine how it would sound on record:
>>
>>	Suddenly my feet are feet of mud
>>	It all goes slo-mo
>>	I don't know why I'm crying
>>	Am I suspended in duct tape?
>
>I just heard SiG on my walkman, and almost burst out laughing...Do you have
>any other good ones? :-)

More than you could possibly imagine.  Try singing the lyrics to Wuthering
Heights over the Madonna song "Justify My Love."  Hours o' fun!

>BTW In Greek 'gafa' means blunder...Could it be that THAT is what gaffa really
>means?

No.  It means duct tape.  (ARE YOU PAYING ATTENTION PATRICK!?!??!)

From: nbc@inf.rl.ac.UK
>>Don't mind Jon Drukman -- he's the group's resident curmudgeon.  If I
>>had seen your questions, I would have answered them more
>>straightforwardly.  I daresay a lot of people would not have been
>>as amused, however.
>
>Hey! I thought IED was the group's reigning curmudgeon. In fact to quote
>Lovehounds' Quasi-monthly post: "Another welcome fixture in the group is
>the numinous curmudgeon "IED""
>
>Obviously time for a vote :-) This group's not big enough for two curmudgeons!

Neil, you're a hip dude.  I'd welcome any suggestions of an official
title.  Certainly, I don't want to step on our favorite numinous
curmudgeon's toes.  Although actually the days of IED's _serious_
curmudgeoness appear to have passed.  I strongly urge everyone who can to
read the early love-hounds archives, back in the days of wicinski and
hoffman.  Now there was some INTENSE fun for those with the stomach.

From: THOMASDL@UIUCVMD.BITNET

>I too liked Jon's very funny "explanation" about GAFFA.

Thank you.  That's not a tear on my cheek, by the way, it's just some
phenobarbitol-spiked herbal tea that splashed.

>Perhaps we should devote a week or so of this list to the posting
>of wildly inaccurate information about KaTe.  Imagine the confusion,
>the laughter, the law suits!

I thought I had the monopoly on wildly inaccurate information.  But you
can certainly take a stab at it, if you like.

What's all this I've heard about Never For Ever being a carefully veiled
retelling of The Wizard Of Oz, anyway?

Follow the yellow brick road, in out, in out...

Jon Drukman (imploded dub mix)               uunet!sco!jondr      jondr@sco.com
Always note the sequencer - this will never let us down.