Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1991-17 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Suspended in GIFfa

From: gb10@gte.com (Gregory Bossert)
Date: Fri, 24 May 91 01:55:02 -0400
Subject: Suspended in GIFfa

i've got seven of the first 12 GIFs (offshoots of my TWW lyrics booklet
project [oh, just don't ask...]) up on hayes.ims.alaska.edu, in

	/pub/love-hounds/kb/pix/gif_footah

there is also a text file index: README_OR_ELSE.  the other 5 files
will be up there tomorrow (oops, it *is* tomorrow!), and then i'll
probably scan some more...  most of these come from the KBC newsletters
i picked up at the KonvenTion -- the photos are big, beautiful, and
relatively rare (unless you've got the newsletters, of course).  next
project is the Tour of Life program (cover and photos), and then maybe
some more KBC stuff.

if there is interest, i may write up a blurb on viewing and editing GIF
files for the archives -- *everyone* should have KaTe as their workstation
backdrop...  due to chronic confusion, i can't really offer personal
support on graphics software, but there are some good packages out there.
(if you have any suggestions for GIF viewers, etc, let me know -- i've
got the UNIX stuff down, but i don't know much about other machines...)

gotta go to bed.  footah!
-greg -- gb10@gte.com -- "Apart from a photograph,
                          They'll get nothing from me..."  KTB