Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1991-17 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

KaTemas in Austin

From: steve@devnull.mpd.tandem.com (Steve Williams)
Date: 23 May 91 22:18:23 GMT
Subject: KaTemas in Austin
Newsgroups: rec.music.gaffa
Sender: news@devnull.mpd.tandem.com

Our esteemed pseudo-FAQ-poster Jorn Barger wrote:
>Love-hounds celebrate Kate's birthday (Katemas) each year on July 30, with
>parties all over the world (she was born in 1958).  Sites for 1991 include:
>
> .....list omitted...
>
>Before I post this (5-30-91) I want corrections and additions...

Ok, since you asked and no one else from Austin has spoken up:

Austin this year will celebrate with at least two bashes. On Friday the
28th the surprisingly large contingent here at Tandem will raise a toast
during our weekly beer-bust (a company-wide thing, not just a Love-Hounds
tradition).  If I get off my butt and send The Druk-Man a blank cassette,
maybe we'll pirate his remixes into the building's PA system so the
unwashed masses can join in our celebration...

Then on Saturday, Austin Love-Hounds and other KaTe Knowers and KowTowers
will gather 'round the big boombox on the hill to practice runnin' up it.
Place and time: Zilker Park, on top of Rock Island, 2pm.  As always, we'll
adjourn to Barton Springs after the ceremonies, so if you arrive late
head in that direction and take two steps on the water.

Katemas itself, Sunday, will be left as a day of private contemplation.
Unless someone else gets something going, of course.

Steve Williams                  steve@mpd.tandem.com
244-8252                        or: cs.utexas.edu!halley!steve