Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1991-17 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Re: Happy news from Vickie

From: jeff@sqa.dsg.ti.com (jeff abbott (TB02))
Date: Thu, 23 May 91 8:35:12 CDT
Subject: Re: Happy news from Vickie

In article<9105221905.AA12283@aristotle.ils.nwu.edu> barger@aristotle.ils.
nwu.EDU (Jorn Barger) writes:
>Happy and Kevin send thanks to all Love-Hounds for all the support!

Tell them thanks for the music!

>Vickie says Kevin says the following stations have copies of Warpaint (so
>call up and request something):
[list of tasteful stations deleted for space]

>soon:
>KGSR Austin

Yes! Yes! I have thought that KGSR would be the perfect venue for
Happy. They play a lot of women artists, such as Joni Mitchell,
Indigo Girls, Sarah MacLachlan, Sinead, Annie Lennox, and what's
that other's name. . .Kate something :-)

The big names at KGSR are Jody Denberg and Kevin O'Connor. Kevin runs
the morning show and is programming director (I think); Jody is
probably the most knowledgeable and respected DJ in Austin, he's the
station's artistic director (I think) and he does the afternoon/early
evening show. (I'm only mentioning their names and such for Happy or
Kevin's benefit, so pass it on to them or Vickie if you can. Thanks!)

Can Happy and Kevin let us know when stations receive the CD, so we
can begin pestering them immediately? Also, since I don't yet have
the _Warpaint_ CD, can folks suggest a good tune off of it to
introduce people to Happy's music?

Jorn, if you have contact with Vickie or Happy, tell them they might want
to send a copy of the CD or tapes to another Austin station, KUT 90.5.
It's the public station here in Austin, and they have a morning show
called "Eclecticos" where they play everything from 11th Century
Gregorian chants to Broadway show tunes. In the past couple of months
they've played Kate's "Jig of Life", cuts from _The Dreaming_, and
some stuff from _TSW_ when it first came out. They'll give anything a try.

Their mailing address is:

KUT
Communications Building B
The University of Texas at Austin
Austin, TX 78712
(512) 471-1631 (business phone)

I know I could have mailed this to Jorn, rather than post, but I
want to encourage everyone to help out in this effort to get Happy
some well-deserved attention! If y'all can suggest other stations around
the country, please do.

>The Tower deal is temporarily on hold, at Happy's behest, for strategic
>reasons.

Uhhhh, okay. I'm disappointed to hear that, hope that Happy's in Tower
very soon.

Jeff

--
Jeff Abbott	Texas Instruments, Inc. 512-250-4323
		Internet		Jeff.Abbott@hub.dsg.ti.com