Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1991-17 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Re: Love-Hounds Digest #7.144

From: lsil!mhost!up61!rpeck@fernwood.mpk.ca.us (Ray Peck)
Date: Wed, 22 May 91 11:47:04 PDT
Subject: Re: Love-Hounds Digest #7.144

>From: aruss@oucsace.cs.ohiou.edu (Andrew Russ)
>Newsgroups: rec.music.gaffa
>Subject: Re: FrippTalk
>Newsgroups: rec.music.gaffa
>
>In article <9105212336.AA03245@up61.lsil.com>, rpeck@up61.UUCP (Ray Peck) writes:
>> "Robert Fripp, leader of arguably the most powerful Art-rock band
>> of the 70's, King Crimson, plans to form a new version of that band
>> this fall."  They also mentioned the new Fripp/Toyah disk.
>>
>> Wa hoo!  I wonder if he's waiting for Bruford to finish the Yes
>> tour?  I sure hope
>
>     Hmmm.  And who else?  There were about 4 almost completely different
>King Crimsons, yet each was truly a King Crimson.  The story Fripp told
>that he'd put the band with Belew together and it turned out to be King
>Crimson is completely believable.  (the same story also applies to the
>reformation of Pere Ubu, as told by David Thomas in 1987).

They didn't mention who else.  However, I've seen quotes from Fripp
saying that at the end, the "Discipline" Crimson was quite painful
for him.  Maybe it got too democratic?  Anyways, because of this, I
don't expect Belew, though I am still hoping for Levin.  I would be
very surprised if Bruford weren't in.

ObKate: People keep talking about a gif index. . .  A program was recently
posted to the net which makes a "contact print" from a set of gifs.
In other words, it makes one gif, with a grid of shrunken other gifs,
annotated by their filenames.

This would be very helpful for the Kate gifs, as some are pretty crummy
quality.  And many are "alternate scans" of the same picture.

If anyone wants to do this (make visual indexes), email me, and I'll send
you the code.

I won't do it, 'cause I don't have direct ftp here, so it's a bit of a
pain to get all the pictures.

/****************************************************************
 * Ray Peck		       "The cumulative effects	of 	*
 * MIPS Design Engineer		combustion will render the 	*
 * LSI Logic Corporation	planet uninhabitable long 	*
 * m/s g-810			before we burn the last drop 	*
 * 1525 McCarthy Blvd	 	of oil or the last pound of 	*
 * Milpitas, CA 95305		coal" - Mason Willrich,		*
 *				President/CEO of Pacific	*
 * (408) 954-4638		Gas & Electric Enterprises	*
 * rpeck@lsil.com	 					*
 * rpeck@jessica.stanford.edu					*
 * "Civilization is a race between education and disaster." -	*
 *		- Albert Einstein				*
 * "I try not to speak more clearly than I think." - N. Bohr	*