Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1991-16 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

1st impressions of new Diamanda Galas CD

From: barger@aristotle.ils.nwu.edu (Jorn Barger)
Date: Wed, 22 May 91 08:39:40 CDT
Subject: 1st impressions of new Diamanda Galas CD

I picked up a 2ndhand copy of the new Diamanda Galas CD, "Plaque Mess" last
night, and I can't quite figure it out, but I'm guessing from the title and
the cover photo that maybe she's a technophile and health-nut and
volunteered to test that new "Laser-Pic" on her teeth...?  (Careful, there,
DG!  Looks like you may have nicked yourself!)

"If a therapist doesn't dive down to meet the Wild Man or Wild Woman,
he or she will try to heal with words.  The healing energy stored
in waterfalls, trees, clay, horses, dogs, porcupines, llamas,
otters belong to the domain of the Wild People.  Therapists will
have understood this when they insist on doing therapy with a cow
in the room."  Robert Bly _Iron John_