Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1991-16 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Kate Dreaming

From: "Andy Gough, x4-2906, pager 420-2284, CH2-59" <AGOUGH%FAB6@sc.intel.com>
Date: Mon, 20 May 1991 09:49 PST
Subject: Kate Dreaming

>Date: Thu, 16 May 91 09:36:12 CDT
>From: barger@aristotle.ils.nwu.edu (Jorn Barger)
>Subject: Do you dream of Kate? (silly)
>
>My _ex_ once dreamt that Kate reassured her she wouldn't steal me away (!),
>but I just had my first Katedream last night, and it was a doozy.  I had
>tickets to her tour, which turned out to be in a TINY (50-seat)
>theater-in-the-round in somebody's mansion.  Kate was sitting there
>nervously as people entered, and I went over and squeezed her hand to
>reassure her, but she seemed worried everyone would line up to paw her if
>they saw.  I regretted not bringing a tape recorder.
>
>After the first set (which I can't remember anything about), I had to go do
>something that required my leaving the hall, and to get back in time I
>risked my life running across a four-lane highway.  In fact I'd missed the
>first song of the second set, which sounded like Kashka (maybe), and Kate
>was now wearing this incredible beautiful hideous latex monster outfit,
>which by squeezing and stretching and shimmying she transformed into a
>totally different multi-colored big ragmopdoll costume, to great applause.
>(I think this part came from the Muppet-Shop rumor.)
>
>After the concert I saw Kate again outside, and gave her a hug, and she
>apologized for the bodyguards who were eyeing me threateningly, saying
>something about how she was in danger of getting "carried away," like I was
>turning her on(!).  During this part she actually looked more like Krys of
>Homeground (who I've met) than KT herself.
>
>There was a big stone slab with the tour schedule carved into it-- four
>dates only in England, but some 30 in the US, of which this one, labelled
>"Buffalo Evening News" (I used to live in Bflo) was about #9.
>
>(Was this worth posting?)

     You know, about a month ago I had a Kate dream:

     The setting was Kate's wedding, which took place in a large cathedral.
This wedding was special in that she invited fans to attend and was going to
perform after the ceremony.  So she gets married (in a traditional white
dress) and then goes to change into a long, blood red, dress for the
performance.
     But get this.  In the dream, I was in the ** third ** row of pews.  Guess
who was in the ** first ** row--yes, IED was in the first row!  Even in _my_
dream, he got a front row seat!  Well, I guess it goes to show that dreams
must conform to reality on some level.
     So later Kate comes out in the red dress and starts singing (a song that
I apparently made up as she sang, as I'd never heard it before) on a circular
stage to the left of the alter.  I then walk to the back of the church and
then go up a side hallway, which is the access to the stage.  I then watch
her performance from behind the stage.

-andy