Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1991-16 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

No Subject

From: Patrick Ryan <sauron@garfield.cs.mun.ca>
Date: Mon, 20 May 1991 00:17:35 -0230

Newsgroups: rec.music.gaffa
From: sauron@garfield.cs.mun.ca (Patrick Ryan)
Subject: Re: Kate Lyrics
Date: Mon, 20 May 1991 02:47:29 GMT

jondr@sco.COM ("Jonathan S. Drukman") writes:

>No one yet knows why sauron@garfield.cs.mun.ca (Patrick Ryan) said:
>>Sorry if this is a) a repeat of already-brought-up information, or
>>b)inappropriate, but has anybody got a copy of the lyrics of "Deeper
>>Understanding" on the Sensual World CD?

>They're in the CD booklet, unless you've got some new edition which doesn't
>include the lyrics sheet...

I had heard the song *without* owning the CD.  Difficult concept, I
know...

>>And, since this is the first time I realized that this group existed,
>>can anybody enlighten me as to WHAT THE HELL "GAFFA" IS?  And how does
>>one get suspended in it?  :v)

>Oh dear lord, grant me the strength...

Sorry.  As I said, I was previously unaware of this group's existence.
I (apparently mistakenly) thought I could get some of my questions about
my favorite female singer answered.  I thought, since everyone here is a
fan, such a question, while probably repetetive, would not be totally
inappropriate.

<Wads of strange stuff (constituting roughly 10 times more verbal diarrhea
than my original posting) deleted.>

>Actually, I lied.  It's a kind of gaffer's tape which is like duct tape
>only she couldn't just come out and say "duct tape" because then we
>wouldn't have endless arguments on L-H that run like this:

I already know that.  Somebody less uptight answered.

>OK.  Who put the phenobarbitol in my herbal tea?

I dunno... same person who pissed in your cornflakes?

--
|D. Patrick Ryan       |"As the people here grow colder| Support freedom of   |
|Faculty of Engineering| I turn to my computer         | expression!  Protest |