Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1991-16 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Allow me to inroduce myself....

From: ASTSPJ@primea.weeg.uiowa.edu
Date: 18 May 91 22:22:13 CDT
Subject: Allow me to inroduce myself....

Hello, my name is Sean Judge.  I don't know if you "do" introductions on this
board, but I figured you might, so here is mine.   I have been recruiting
Kate Bush fans for years now, and 99.9% of those that I have 'listening'
sessions with end up hooked.  One collects postcards and posters of Kate now!
I will admit, she is a little more into that than I.  But I AM a big fan.  I
recently told a teacher of mine, Kate Burke, that there was another Kate she
should get to know, and have given her copies of some songs (sorry if I
offend some of the hard-nosed copywright-ists out there, but I make sure
to give them only SO MUCH, and 9 times out of 10, they start buying her
music).  I started listening to Kate, as did MANY Americans, when I saw her
video showcase/interview on the USA channel in 1985.  I bought HOUNDS OF
LOVE right away, and have been caught up in her lyrical beauty and musical
genius ever since.  She really gets to me with her lyrics.  I am a theater
major and I used the words from NEVER BE MINE as monologue material...AND
GOT A PART!!  I remember they all kind of giggled when I said: "I am now
going to do a monological interpretation of a Kate Bush song."  Buth
(excuse me, but) after delivering lines such as "but looking back over my
shoulder...at you happy without me" got to them, and there was a hush in
the room after I was done.  Thank you, Kate!  You did it again!