Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1991-16 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Re: Do you dream of Kate? (silly)

From: mas@bucsf.bu.edu (Mark A. Semich)
Date: Sat, 18 May 91 16:32:20 -0400
Subject: Re: Do you dream of Kate? (silly)

Well, Jorn related *his* Kate dream, so I figured I'd mention mine...

I had this a couple of months ago, and it was part of a much larger,
multi-layered dream, so I don't remememer it that clearly.  Anyways,
the Kate part of it was that I was at a Kate Concert in a huge
auditorium where the floor was tilted toward the stage a bit too much.

I don't remember exactly what songs She performed, nor Her outfit(s),
but I do remember that Her voice moved me to tears (no big surprise
there...) and that she did a cover of some Pink Floyd song (which kind of
surprised me, as I don't really like Pink Floyd).  The concert was an
extremely lavish production, and She had a band about the same size as
the "band in a box" from the _Love_and_Anger_ video.

Near the end of Her last song, She stepped into a wooden boat (about 12 - 15
feet long) and stayed standing as it slowly rose from the stage and
floated out over the audience, over our heads and away into the ether,
taking Her away as She sang...

mark a. semich
mas@bucsf.bu.edu