Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1991-15 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Re: Games without Frontiers

From: meep@wpi.WPI.EDU (A Son Of The Silent Age)
Date: Thu, 16 May 1991 02:50:38 GMT
Subject: Re: Games without Frontiers
Newsgroups: rec.music.gaffa

In article <9105131937.AA21108@floyd.adl.austek> glarri@adl.AUstek.OZ.AU (Guy Larri) writes:
>Hi,

Hi yourself.

>I've played my "Games without Frontiers" through a few times, listening
>very carefully, and I can't hear anything that sounds like Kate at all
>- it just sounds like Peter Gabrial. What does she sing, is it the
>"chi sans fontiers" bit (excuse my spelling) ?

Yes, KaTe is singing "jeux sans frontieres" (that's "Games Without Frontiers"
in French) throughout.  She's credited for the whole album, I believe,
but I don't recall any other instances of her voice.

>There seem to be so many early Peter Gabriel CD's that are just called
>"Peter Gabriel", could someone give me a short discography identifying
>the albumns by cover art or track listing or catalogue number or
>something ! Which one(s) do I need to get to hear Kate ? (I've got
>"Don't Give Up" on "So")

First album:  Blue car on cover, Atco Records, 1977.
Second album:  Hands with streaks on cover, Atlantic Records, 1978.
Third album:  Melting face on cover ("You're only as young as you feel"),
	Geffen Records, 1980.
Fourth album (called "Security" in U.S.):  Bizarre-O face on cover, Geffen
	Records, 1982.

KaTe is only on number Three, I think.  (Brief plug...if you don't already
know, she's also on backing vox on Big Country's song "The Seer" from the
(IMHO excellent) album of the same title.  Not a great vocal part, mostly
"yeh-yeh-yeah", but there you have it)

>Thanks muchly :-),

You're welcome.

>	Guy.