Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1991-15 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

No Subject

Yeah, I think that's right. I mentioned a few weeks ago that a dealer
told me that it would be available by July.

> It will list at $24.95 (MUCH less than the Japanese import), and will
> have the catalog number PA-91-374.  The Pioneer EDP number (whatever
> that means) will be 25375.  It's digital stereo, CX (whatever that
> means), 1 sided.

Thanks for the info, we'll be watching for it.  Now if I could only
find _The Single File_ on LD.  Does anybody have an import LD catalog
that lists it?  Does anyone know if it's true that _Hair of the Hound_
is/was available as an import in CAV format?  (For you non-laserheads
CAV is the Laser Disc format that allows full special effects.)

CX encoding is a special noise reduction encoding used on the analog
audio track of the LD.  I don't think many people use the analog
soundtrack now that almost all players have digital sound built in.

"Don't drive too slowly."                 Richard Caldwell
                                          AT&T Network Systems
                                          att!cbnews!nrc
                                          nrc@cbnews.att.com