Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1991-15 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

WXRT DJ makes Kate-'joke'

From: barger@aristotle.ils.nwu.edu (Jorn Barger)
Date: Fri, 10 May 91 15:11:03 CDT
Subject: WXRT DJ makes Kate-'joke'

Chicago's only barely-progressive big-watts FM station WXRT is featuring
Pink Floyd today, and I tuned in by chance (for the first time in months or
practically years) just in time to hear... Love and Anger.  The DJ's little
joke by way of explaining the PF/KT link was to claim that Kate was a
"founding member" with Syd Barrett in the 60s of the original Pink Floyd,
then called "Pink Kate". (Groan.)  He also snuck in near the end of the
song and said, "Kate, do you love me?" just before her "Yeah!"  Aren't we
hip out here in the midwest?!

also: in all the talk of female artists has Marta Sebestyen of Muzsikas
gotten her due?  Wotta voice!

"Witches have no wit, said the magician who was weak.
Hula, hula, said the witches."  Norman Mailer _An American Dream_