Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1991-14 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

other than IRC, can we try ICB? :)

From: jessica@athos.rutgers.edu (jessica)
Date: 8 May 91 04:18:27 GMT
Subject: other than IRC, can we try ICB? :)
Newsgroups: rec.music.gaffa

Hiya! I've never been fond of irc, so i run a chat server of a
different type on my machine.

People who like unix tend to like this server better than irc. we're
still writing it - it's not as big as irc, doesn't have quite as many
features but it's still very practical, and nice. (IMNSHO! :)

Also, the people on it tend to be a good group.

there is code for the client on athos.rutgers.edu in
~ftp/pub/icb-client.tar.Z

It compiiles very cleanly on most machines. If anyone needs additional
help i'd be glad to provide it!, send me personal email.

I'd *love* to see more kate fans there!!!

                  jessica
|    I will live by my own policies, I will sleep with a clear conscience,    |
|	  	 I will sleep in peace.    (Sinead O'Connor)                  |