Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1991-14 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Re: Prince rumor-the R&R report:

From: L-H@cup.portal.com
Date: Tue, 7 May 91 12:01:24 PDT
Subject: Re: Prince rumor-the R&R report:

(dreaming of front row seats :-),
here's the report I alluded to recently on Prince's new album.  Bob
Davis got the report from the April 19th issue of R & R (Radio and
Records, an industry rag.  It was included in a report dealing
primarily with Prince.  Here's the part which mentions Kate:

... The Purple One also reportedly has lined up some BIG NAMES to
to direct videos in support of the disc, including actress Lisa Bonet,
Columbia recording artist Kate Bush, and noted film maker Spike Lee,
who will likely call the shots for the first single entitled "Willing
and Able."

I really can't say that this is a solid report, since I do not know if
Radio and Records can be considered a reliable source.  I forgot to ask
Bob for the author's name (if there was one even noted), or for more
information on the reputation of the magazine it was reported in.  It
seems that that alternative station that Larry from Apple heard a report
on might have gotten their information from R&R, since the wordings seem
to coincide in a way.  Yeah Jorn, wouldn't that be something to see Kate
slithering around with Prince.  Yow.  No, can't see it right now.....
Maybe Kate will direct it but not appear in it.  Hey, but if she does,
what a treat that would be for Prince fans, no?  The Prince fan clubs will
rave over this, it'll become a staple on MTV and VH-1, there'll be a
30-minute special released of the behind-the-scenes making of the video
which will include segments of Kate at the piano practicing songs from
her new album which by the time they appear on the new album will have
gone through many evolutions and be strikingly different!  Just a thought.

Sheeesh!  Footah everyone (hi Greg!)!  P&K, I'm still wailing, 'cause I
know She really IS!

Larry (L-H@cup.portal.com)