Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1991-14 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

No Subject

>"The Dreaming was my 'She's gone mad' album,my 'She's not commercial any more'
>album," says Kate Bush,amused in retrospect,thinking about her predicament
>when after a three-year silence,she released Hounds Of Love.Its predecessor
>had been the first serious setback in a chart career that began when her debut
>single,Wuthering Heights,hit number 1 for a month in 1978.

Judging _The Dreaming_ by it's chart performance is the first hint
that this fellow needs his toes worked over with a meat tenderizer.

>"I wanted to take control of everything and go for it," she recalls.But the
>charts and the business said she'd failed.

Failed?  FAILED?  "Persecute! Kill the heretic!"

> For more than a year,Bush sightings were rarer than ospreys,and when she did
>emerge it was to find the chubby cheeks and double chin she acquired during
>studio immersion(through lack of exercise and too much chocolate) translated
>by the tabloids into"Kate blows up to 18 stone" rumours.

Am I the only one annoyed that something that proports to be suitble
for inclusion as sleeve notes for the second best album of all time
(and only by the narrowist of margins) should spend so much time babbling
on about what isn't true?  <sigh>

"Don't drive too slowly."                 Richard Caldwell
                                          AT&T Network Systems
                                          att!cbnews!nrc
                                          nrc@cbnews.att.com